Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another reason to have an accident on the autobahn

This outdoor ad in Germany is the best use of three billboards in a row since I was 10 years old, when we drove through South Dakota in greater anticipation of a drug store than Anton Chigurh did in No Country for Old Men. When we finally got to Wall Drug, it was a bit of a letdown, but I did get a fake snakeskin wallet and a postcard of a jackalope.

This is a wonderful example of using media to it's fullest advantage. Makes a point, makes it in a fresh, extremely, highly memorable way. Did I mention that it's memorable?

5 comments:

  1. What about South of the Border?? All my sheep are counted there!

    well, maybe incessant repetition and effective communication are not necessarily correlated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but if the model were in a Snuggie, these billboards would suck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd want to see a Snuggie model out of her Snuggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snuggie better than a moomoo, my friends.

    ReplyDelete