Monday, October 3, 2011

Where do you get it from?

You go to the opera and while you’re listening to Tosca you figure out how to solve a 3-4 defense that has kept you out of the end zone.

You listen to a song by an artist you’ve never heard of and pluck out a few words that help you find the right phrase for the legal brief you’ve been struggling with.

You “Sit on the terlet.” (thank you, Uncle Sol.)

Creativity can strike anywhere. For me, it’s totally unpredictable. Matt Lauer asks a question in a way that makes me rethink how I get information.

I hear an Adele song with lyrics that speak to me.

“Throw your soul through every open door
Count your blessings to find what you look for.”

Most often, I think people find inspiration in counterintuitive places. It’s kind of like finding love. Don’t look for it. It’ll find you.

Although going to Chicago Ideas Week sure could help, especially this cool discussion on how the economy has affected creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment