Monday, January 30, 2012

For those who poo-poo Pinterest, take a gander at this


Is it just my imagination or is Pinterest growing faster than Facebook?

Um...no. In terms of size and growth rate, Pinterest is still smaller than an undersized tick on the back of an old Black Bear. It just may seem that way from all the press coverage and buzz.

Still, Pinterest is flexing it’s digital muscle without even lifting a finger. Mashable shows Pinterest’s ability to be a strong tool to drive traffic to retail websites, through a short article and cool infographics.

When I first played with Pinterest I thought of it nothing more than digital masturbation and an endless time waste. I think I may have said something similar when Facebook first appeared on the scene (“Why would anyone care about what other people are doing right now?) and quite possibly Twitter (“Why would anyone care about what other people are doing right now in only 140 characters or less?).

I’ll never poo-poo another internet sensation. In fact, I’m a believer in Pinterest.

Clearly, it has relevance to commerce.

Being an almost entirely visual medium, it plays globally. And brings a new dimension to PG-rated voyeurism.

And It's proven to be a giant when it comes to community building.

Stop poo-pooing and start Pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment