Monday, February 6, 2012

Three wonderfully telling stories on social media


I continue to be fascinated by Pinterest and I’m assuming you’ve been swept up in the craze, too (if you‘ve been invited, that is). For once I was a semi-early adopter and it continues to enthrall me.

And apprently, I’m not alone.

Story #1: Pinterest drives more traffic than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. Time spent on Pinterest seems to fly by. PG-rated voyeurism is about as addictive as a social media behavior can be. Speaking of which…

Story #2: Social Media is more addictive than tobacco and alcohol. So maybe all those millions of folks hunched over glittering screens isn't so bad after all? If people in this country can spend their time Tweeting instead of smoking and drinking, the optometry industry and Relax The Back stores should soon be experiencing a boon, but Dr. Drew may soon be out of business.

And to further the notion that bad behavior may be a relative term for our technorati, a form of naughty fashion guides…

Story #3: Socks as a form of rebellion in Silicon Valley.

Not much I can say about this one other than, it sure is hard to make fun of goofballs making millions who get a rush from polka dotted socks.

Hold on. I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment