Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I’d rather Bing with the sinners than Google with the saints



If you’ve ever thought that Google (or Bing, in my case) is used for the simple pleasures of locating, researching, or buying a product and service, connecting to old friends or finding new ones, finding love, music, art, directions, a restaurant, sheet music, etc… you’re right. If you Google.

It's not so much of an innocent act, apparently, if you Bing.

Take a look at the upper screen shot that shows the results of a very simple search I did on Google about how long ago I started on Twitter. It shows what Google thought were the most likely places I wanted to go after typing in just the first couple of words. I could be mistaken, but it looks like a lot of long-distance-running farmers had been Googling recently.

Then take a look at the lower screen shot that was the result of the same exercise on Bing. Don’t look now, but apparently, the guys and gals who’ve been Binging have been up to some not so down-on-the-farm types of activities. That, or it’s a whole lot of professional athletes who are facing random drug testing…

No comments:

Post a Comment